Welcome to Mind Over Matter!!

Welcome New Visitors! 💓

 

Thank you so much for visiting my Mental Health blog, "Mind Over Matter"! I am so excited to finally start something that I have been wanting to do for quite a while now. Starting my first blog! As a psychology student and as a person who has gone through many mental health struggles, I really wanted to start a blog about mental health and recovery. I named this blog, "Mind Over Matter", because of its meaning in overcoming difficult situations and healing from it one day at a time. The purpose of this blog is to:

 

1) Provide a safe place to talk about mental health, mental illness and other topics related to mental well being. 

2) Speak out about my own personal experiences, struggles and recovery with mental illness and mental health concerns.

3) Offer support and resources to those who visit this blog.

4) Have my followers and visitors be involved by giving feedback, questions and comments.

 


Now you are probably wondering. Who the heck are you and why are you here??

My name is April (no, I was not born in the month of April sadly). I am an applied psychology student, with a minor in sociology who loves to help other people and advocate for mental health. I have a diverse background of knowledge pertaining to mental health and wellness. I am born and raised in Canada, where I have TOO many relatives that live throughout the country. I am mostly close to my immediate family and have a small but really close group of friends who I adore a lot. I also have an amazing partner that I have been with for a year now. I absolutely love to travel and have been too many places around the world. I also really love pets (dogs and sloths are my favorites) and enjoy so many fun hobbies like painting, swimming, yoga and sleeping. Yes, sleeping can be a hobby!😆

 

Ever since high school, I always wanted to start a blog. I am not an English major or professional writer by any means, but I do enjoy writing my thoughts on different topics. High school was a big period of my life where I went through so many changes and struggled lots with many things in my life. During that time, I experienced it all. Grief, loss, mental illness, heartbreak, abuse, self harm, sexual coercion and more. It was a lot to go through and I wished I could of reached out sooner to others about my experiences. I told myself back then that one day, I will share to others my recovery, my story and the struggles that I still face today.

 

This is why I am here. I am so inspired to create a space where I can write about what I am passionate about. I am passionate in promoting mental health and helping others not just cause I am a psychology student but based also on my personal experiences. I am also here to meet all of you who have visited and who follow my blog!

 

If you have made it this far in my first post, I gladly thank you for your time!

My goal with Mind Over Matter is to post relevant content for my followers and visitors related to mental health, wellness and recovery. I plan to upload relevant content every week or so and I highly encourage any feedback, concerns, comments and or questions about anything on this blog.

I hope to see you back on here soon and send all my support to each of you reading this post right now! Till next time!😄


Pin on Mental Health

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Creating a Self-Care Plan is Crucial

What Recovering from Depression has Taught Me

50 Ways to Cope with Anxiety